About the Instructor
Hi there. My name is Dominique Falla and I am the founder of the Typism Global Community. I live in beautiful Byron Bay, on the east coast of Australia.
For years I struggled as a freelance designer and illustrator. I didn't know how to attract the types of clients I wanted or stand out from my competition. Then I created my own lettering niche, almost by accident, and was able to travel the world creating tactile typography for clients like Google, Penguin and Woolworths.
I created Typism to provide a platform and community for lettering artists to share best practices and develop the profile of lettering as an art form.
Welcome to the Typism Skills summit.
In January 2017, Typism Founder Dominique Falla went on a road trip up and down the east coast of Australia, filming a few of her type and lettering friends (and making some new ones along the way).
The idea for the summit came about because the Typism Conference happens in Australia every year, but as the Typism Online Community grew, it became clear that many type and lettering lovers from overseas couldn't make it to the Conference Downunder, and so the idea for the Skills Summit was born.
Most of the presenters you see here are past Typism speakers, and all of them are creative professionals who have forged an identity as an expert in a specific form or technique of lettering.
In a series of intimate videos, shot in the artist's studios, we get to look over their shoulders as they show Dominique how they work. It's like a personal masterclass with each artist.
Each video series contains:
- An introduction to what is covered and a look at how students will benefit from taking the course
- An in-depth look at the tools you will need
- Expert guidance and step-by-step videos with clear instructions
- Video lessons, so you can take things at your own pace
- Downloads and comprehensive worksheets
- Scroll down for the full list of instructors and courses.
NB: We are in the pre-enrollment phase, which means we release a new class every five days until December 11, when all nine classes will be available.
Your one-time enrollment fee of $97 will allow you to access all classes as they are released.
- Eliza Svikulis: Figuring out YOUR signature style FREE PREVIEW
- Download: Inspiration Investigation Workbook
- About Your Workbook
- Part 1: Interrogation—early childhood
- Part 1: Interrogation—teen/adulthood
- Part 2: Inclination—colours FREE PREVIEW
- Part 2: Inclination—pattern, shape, texture
- Part 2: Inclination—adjectives
- Part 2: Inclination—typefaces, lettering
- Part 2: Inclination—mood board
- Part 3: Imagination
- Part 4: Ideation
- Maria Montes: Introduction to Neuland Script FREE PREVIEW
- About Neuland Script
- Download: Neuland Guidelines
- About your Guidelines
- Part 1: Getting Started
- Part 2: Basic Strokes FREE PREVIEW
- Part 2: Straight Letterforms
- Part 2: Straight and Curved Letterforms
- Part 2: Curved Letterforms
- Part 2: Angled Letterforms
- Part 3: Neuland Project
- Libbi Reed: From Pointed Pen to Brush Pen FREE PREVIEW
- Download: Practice Sheets
- Part 1: Setting up your Workspace
- Part 1: Ink and Nibs
- Part 1: Nib Holders
- Part 1: Brush Pens
- Part 2: Drills and Warmups FREE PREVIEW
- Part 2: More Drills and Warmups
- Part 3: Words
- Part 4: Brush Pen Logo
- Part 5: Decorating your Brush Pen Lettering
- Carla Hackett and Barbara Enright: Brush Lettering for Lefties and Beginners FREE PREVIEW
- Download: Basic Chisel Strokes
- Download: Chisel Style Casual
- Download: Casual Style Variations
- Download: Pointed Brush Strokes
- Download: Lowercase Script Alphabet
- Download: Lowercase Script Alphabet Alternates
- Download: Uppercase Script Alphabet
- Download: Script Combinations
- Part 1: Basic Chisel Strokes
- Part 1: Chisel Style Casual
- Part 2: Casual Style Variations
- Part 3: Pointed Brush Strokes
- Part 4: Lowercase Script Alphabet FREE PREVIEW
- Part 4: Uppercase Script Alphabet
- Part 5: Script Combinations
- Aurelie Maron: Vectoring your Letter Forms FREE PREVIEW
- Part 1: Sketching the Skeleton
- Part 1: Sketching the Letterforms
- Part 1: Refining your Sketch
- Part 1: Final Pencil Sketch
- Part 2: Photoshop—Cleaning up your Sketch
- Part 3: Illustrator—Setting up Guides
- Part 3: Illustrator—Drawing with the Pen Tool
- Part 3: Illustrator—Refining your Vector FREE PREVIEW
- Part 4: Illustrator—Adding Shadow Effects
- Part 4: Illustrator—Adding Outline Effects